Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a number of post on this forum where it has been recommended to use Rotella T6 oil and K&N oil and air filters.
Would you guys recommend doing that at the first 20 hr service? K&N didn't have a oil filter listed for the 2019 deluxe but had KN-114 listed for the 2018 I'm assuming they would be the same. What Air filter you guys recommend?

·
Registered
357 Posts
The 19 & 18 models are the same and take the same filters, the dtc filters are a different number than the foot shift models, some say uni for an air filter, I simply stayed stock as mine is a work horse and not a race bike...

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
like all oil treads, oil is something personal to most folks
some like"X" brand, some like GOOD brand name, some go as cheap as possible and some go as long as possible on changing oil
so all info here will/should be viewed with a grain of salt

many folks and even dealers/HONDA< seem to think, NOT running SYN oil is good for the first 100+ hours, allowing things to set in and such!

after that, seems everyone has there views again

as far as I am concerned, as long as oil is clean and meets spec's needed, if really doesn't mater as long as you change it when its needed
and I say NEEDED< not going by hours or miles

over work a engine, run it hard in dusty places, and oil changes should eb done sooner, and I don't care what oil brand your using!

I personally run Amsoil, and have in countless things since there first oil changes
but again that's MY personal picking

lots of folks like T 6 cause its available lots of places and for a great price most times

but the main key is and should be, just change it when it needs changing, don;t be trying to squeeze every pounce of time and use out of it!
oil is still cheaper than a new motor!

and as for OIL filters, again, many will have what they feel is best
I have used most brands, but tend to stick with OEM< NAPA, or like brand named one's
and its mostly due to I buy them in BULK< to get best prices and there sold close to me

the key where again, is put them in the RIGHT way, and change them when changing oil!

I am sure some of every brand have been BAD, but I never had one yet! of any name brand!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and replies all good information and I'm gonna stick with OEM until next service.
MrBB I was lucky enough to grow up with a Granddad who was a farmer. Maintenance was very high on his list and he taught me the very things you mentioned.
I remember once back in high school I got out early one day and drove out to the farm. I wanted to bushhog this area I knew he wanted cut but he had taken my Grandmother for a yearly Dr. Visit.
As they returned home I was finishing up and pulled up into the yard. First thing he said to me, "Boy did you grease that tractor and bushhog before using it?"
My answer, "Yes Sir!" His reply, " Good then go cut around the pond and then we will have supper."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts