Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 02 450 es it will turn over fine but no spark at plug when holding in on start button...but as soon as you let of the start button it will fire once...if you just keep hitting the button and let off it will start...?any one ever have this happen?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will start and run fine once it starts...but only fires when you let off starter button...if i keep hitting start button it will fire up...

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
When is the last time you had the starter or starter switch taken apart?
P.S. I just thought about what you said and realized I had this same thing happen to me this summer but on my boat. How is your battery and charging system, my problem (for what reason its beyond me) was the battery. The starter would crank and crank but it was when I let off the key it would fire. As soon as I put a new battery in it the problem was solved.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it takes great charge...even hooked up jumper but still the same...ruled out the battery

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Hmm, thats my only idea, hopefully toodeep will chime in.
Stupid little things come to mind.... reversed wire and dirty contacts but thats about it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first suspect would be the switch.Have you tryed taking it apart and cleaning it? Dont know much about how the systems work on these but could be the switch is bad and grounding out or something and killing the voltage to the coil when pushed in and when you let off the moter is still turning for a second and you get a spark. Im just guessing but i feel it is something along those lines.Some one with a lot more knowledge then me will probley chime in and be able to tell you what it is.Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got a 02 450 es it will turn over fine but no spark at plug when holding in on start button...but as soon as you let of the start button it will fire once...if you just keep hitting the button and let off it will start...?any one ever have this happen?
The switch is fine....gonna check my cdi and rec.... today .....if anyone has anything to share please do thanks...pulling my hair on this one...

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
The CDI is what I would try if you have an extra around. I haven't had it happen on a 450 yet but I did have the same exact problem on the 300's before and it was the CDI.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok i fixed it ...it was the rectifier changed it fired right up...so if anyone has this problem check that first...:happy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok i fixed it ...it was the rectifier changed it fired right up...so if anyone has this problem check that first...:happy
I have the same four wheeler and I just modified a gsxr-1000 r/r to work with my quad(the gsxr one has 7 wires (2 ground 2 pos and 3 others so i just did away with 1 pos and 1 ground wire off of the r/r)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts