Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a 2006 TRX500FE. Dealer says $540 more for the extended warranty which will make it a four year warranty on the bike (including factory warranty). Do many of you guys purchase the extended warranty? Ever hafta use it? People around here are saying the extended warranty is worth it 'cause of all the electrical components on new atv's. Advice?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear that alot. I would say there is a small number of people that have to use their purchased extended warranties on Hondas

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
What are your plans for the bike, if you are going to be put a locker in it or other extreme things like that then save your money, if you plan on keeping it relatively stock and want the piece of mind then go for it. I bought one and haven't used it yet, I don't know what they would say to me if I brought it in like it is now, they might laugh me out of the dealership.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got the warrenty for my 05 Foreman 500 just because it was the all new model. Just in case something was to happen and it was due to being a all new model I just wanted that little extra to go with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE ("bnjeep":1k5axazr)
What are your plans for the bike, if you are going to be put a locker in it or other extreme things like that then save your money, if you plan on keeping it relatively stock and want the piece of mind then go for it. I bought one and haven't used it yet, I don't know what they would say to me if I brought it in like it is now, they might laugh me out of the dealership.
The atv will be primarily used for hunting purposes. But, I do hunt alot. In between hunting, I do plan on doing trail riding. Maybe not so much mudding at first but I could see myself attempting some mud with some friends.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I used to really hate the extended warranties. But on several occasions if I had had one (like on my truck) it would have paid for itself in one trip (F-350 Diesel rearend $1800.00, 350 miles out of factory warranty). So I have it on all my ATV's (X3)

your call, If you need them they really pay off, If you never use it you wasted your money. If you void your warranty and don't know it you will really be pissed off.

So in other words your back at square one with your decission!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i wrench at a dealer and i would get it for my machine even though i can do the labor myself. the part cost for the engine control module will almost pay for the extended warranty alone. then add labor for someone to diagnose it and you already got your moneys worth. i'm not saying you will need it, but its nice to know its there. it also helps when there is a questionable warranty issue. if honda knows you made an investment in your machine by getting the extended warranty, they are usually more than likely to pay for the repair. but that also depends on your dealers willingness to pick up the phone and call honda instead of just telling you its not covered under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts