Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do yall ride in the water without exhaust snorkels? Or how do you snorkel after market pipes?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
here is a link to how i made mine you cant really see how i put it on the muffler but i used a hose clamp it on, i see you have a Power Tech exhaust on your 4wheeler, i have never put a exhaust snorkel on that brand, but i know on hmf exhaust's you can just fit a pipe into the end without clamping or welding and it will not leak. also if you wouldnt want to clamp or weld you could always just get another end cap and weld on it. if you have any more questions about any snorkling just ask because i know a good bit about snorkling.
-Aaron

<a href="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thorhead2" target="_blank">http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thorhead2 ... pg&.src=ph</a>

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Most of the bikes I ride with don't have exhaust snorkles...Come to think about it, .. I don't think I have seen an exhaust snorkle on the trails..Just on this forum. Hmmmm. We just go in and then out... If it stalls, Start it real quick and run like ****...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i know it just scares me.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
that is the reason i have a exhaust snorkel because i am afraid of drowning it out. this is the first bike i had a exhaust snorkel and i just love the feeling when water is up over your back rack and your exahust is still above.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I agreeit is a good idea...My luck, I will stop and lean back and use it as an arm rest ...... Aaaagh. My memory is about as bad as a .. What was I saying?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have one for my bike to. I have and HMF and what I did was get a washer the fits in the little slot where the cap usually fits and drilled 3 holes in it just like the cap and cut some of the inside out of it to make it the same outlit size as the cap. Then went to the muffler shop and got them to bend be some 2" exhaust pipe to how I wanted it and they heated up the part of exhaust pipe that goes on the washer and tapped it in about 1" then welded it on the out side. Then for a brace that goes to the rack to support it I put a muffler clamp on the exhaust snork and welded a peice of flat bar to the clamp then at the rack I cut two holes in the flat bar and put a u-bolt. I did it this way so I could take the exhaust snork off when I wanted to and put the end cap back on. Hope this kind of gives you an idea. I will try to get some pics in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics would be great thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("Rincon 650":1m3kw0l2)
I agreeit is a good idea...My luck, I will stop and lean back and use it as an arm rest ...... Aaaagh. My memory is about as bad as a .. What was I saying?

I really want to put an exhaust snorkel on my foreman, can you put them on the stock exhust? I know I would do the same thing forget it was back there or just get burnt on it one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
yo can put a exhaust snorkel on any exhaust you want aslong as you weld it. but if you want to clamp it like me it is a little harder to mount one because its hard to find a place to clamp it to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.