Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my exhaust snorkel on my foreman, with the spark arrestor off the flanged end of the pipe fit right into the end and I welded it up. I will post some picks as soon as I get my camera out of my sister-in-laws car.

I have never really needed one, but I was bored and wanted to try it, besides it sounds better than it did before and I think it only cost $15 including the high-temp paint.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is kind of what I was thinking too, plus I thought that it looked good, I need to do one on the recon I milked it last weekend because it died in the water and the only way the water could have got in was the exhaust, the new snorkel was dry.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
How do you snorkel your exhaust? Is it like Raveer has?
The extended tailpipe?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are those pipes, and yeah Railroader you pretty much just extend the tailpipe above the water level.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks really good, did you just get the flange welded up to the stock exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I took the spark arrestor off the pipe fit just inside the hole in the back of the stock exhaust. I then just welded aroung it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
what size is that? im making one for my rubicon and dont know what size would be best.
thanks,Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe that it is 2" ID.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice Snorkel

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I like having my exhaust snorkeled a lot more than I thought I would, I have had my stall out in a few feet of water and you don't have to worry about cranking it back up. Nice piece of mind.

·
Registered
743 Posts
QUOTE ("Railroader":34b31dh5)
How do you snorkel your exhaust? Is it like Raveer has?
The extended tailpipe?
That is the same setup as mine RR. Except I used 3" diameter pipe and mine is not quite that tall.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
sorry for all the questions but i know people can help me here. do you think a 2 or 2 1/2 inch I.D. would be a good size for my rubicon? if not what would. i have never messed with exhaust snorkels and dont know whats best. also could someone tell me what the sound difference between the 2 and the 2 1/2 would be? i am looking fot a low rumble sound. also this is going to be on a tractor muffler so theres no disks or baffles in the muffler.
Thanks alot,Aaron

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The bigger the exhaust pipe the more amplified the sound will be. But either one will work. If your looking for something like the low rumble of a big block, I am not sure the tractor muffler will be the pipe for you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
My tractor muffler w/ 3 inch pipe has a very low rumble at idle until I get on the gas then all you hear is LOUD

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
thanks for the replys! i think i will go with a 2 1/2 or 3inch.
-Aaron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts