Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 98 450 that is equipped with the electric shift had been encountering difficulties recently, the bike will start start up and shift up to 5th when riding very easily, but seemingly 95% of the time it will not shift back down when you stop, or even when riding, I welded a wrench to the emergency shifter knob so I actually can downshift when I need to, but it will most of the time not under its own power, and up until last week it would, mind you it wouldn't behave at times, it's never been perfect, but it started seemingly out of the blue, I can upshift fine but when I want to cycle back down it will not leave 5th, also when I do stop the bike in gear, I can not shift it back down easily at all, the display will read 3 dashes on the gear indicator, and I typically have to fight with it with a combination of the es and emergency shifter, and when I am riding it will indicate that it downshifted when I press the button but it won't internally so I can have the indicator in second when it is actually in 4th, and when I upshift from there it just jumps back to 5th, what is most likely the culprit or culprits in these scenarios shd how can I test it before I tear everything apart? Thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts