Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was on a 20 mile trail and my foreman just started to smoke and burn oil under a load or reving it out of gear, idles fine still. i just rebuilt it with honda parts and a web cam 100miles ago i think it maybe over-heated but the oil temp light never came on . its bored over just .010 the smallest you can bore it.

i tore the engine down and the head gasket was great ,and exhaust valve was black and carbon filled, the intake valve was good,the seal on the valves was good still , the valves had some black streaking on the shalf form the guides and didnt look good , the piston looked new and the rings were sharp and shiney, the cylinder was still in spec with the piston O/D. this is worring me i dont want to spend more money on a top end if i have a major problem somewhere else in the motor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
iff the rings wereburnt before you rebuilt it and u did not bore it out ur cylinder may be scarred causing heat and burningthe rings again...thus it smokes again

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the bike had been under in muddy water ,not by me . i talked to a few engine builders and they said it must of had mud and grit still in the case and that ate the new parts up. live and learn .....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.