Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help...I put a K/n air filter, HMF Utility pipe and 165 jet kit in the foreman...last weekend we snorkel my machine and its running extremly hot....We came out of the air box with a 1.5" to a 2" pvc the rest of the way for a snorkel...All vent lines are ran...When I hop on the machine and run it around the yard it running hot....Fan does cut on....Check the spark plug and it looks to be running fine with the tip looking like a paper bag...Any suggestions should I back out the air fuel screw...Right now I have it set out 2 full turns exactly...Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
394 Posts
put a fan override switch on...easy thing to do, i did mine after i got my leg burnt from riding all day and it not cutting on until i was in the last mud hole and then it decided to kick on and splash hot water all over my leg, so i put one on...really easy to do for the most part, when you arent in mud or water just flip the switch on and let it cool down some and then when u get rdy to go in water or mud hit it off

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a NGK iradium plug in it...I also backed it out 2 1/2 turns and rode it some saturday and the engine is still a little warm...I think that I might go back to the stock plug....I need to also put a manual override switch on the fan to cool the engine when riding on the trails...Also when i rode yesterday it was close to 100 degrees in NC...Live in Raleigh NC...

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the same trounle with mine when i rejetted it mine is bored 1mm over and runing a 170 jet with k&n filter if your plug is white try turning the a/f screw out to 3 turns and you may haveo also go back to the factory needle like i did yo get it corrected

·
Registered
394 Posts
sgiles2734

this is what i went off of to do my fan override

<a href="http://mudanddirt.com/tech/rincon_fan_override/" target="_blank">http://mudanddirt.com/tech/rincon_fan_override/</a>

i know its on a rincon but still the same things to do cept the wire isnt on the left side of the bike, its on the right side infront of the clutch think its a green and blue wire if im correct and it is just sitting on a lil metal piece hanging there....ill take a picture of it this afternoon when i get home if i happen to remember

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.