Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first post here.
I got this old beat up foreman 450s from some guy of craiglist, and I just can't get a spark out of it. Mind you it hasn't run in a few years, and there was a little water in the crank case. Turns over just fine, starter works, speedometer is shot. Do these things need the screen for spark? I took mine off because the polarizing film was shot, took it apart and noticed a few rusty resistors and corroded capacitors. Don't have anything to fix it right now, so it's not on. Could anyone point me in the right direction for where to start? Also if anyone has a spare screen, I'd rather get one that works then do amateur soldering on it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
It doesn't need a display to run. The regulator is the most common thing to go bad on these machines but I would do some testing before throwing money at it. You can find a service manual link on atvhonda.com that will get you going in a direction. There are also more members over there to help out once you do test a few things. This forum is getting hard to navigate and get answers on with all the spam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts