Honda Foreman Forums banner

electric shift won't downshift

25K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mrmooseman001 
#1 ·
Electric shift will up shift but not downshift. Not sure where to start.

#5 ·
Rich was just wondering if you are using oil that is JASO certified for a wet clutch. Not just the oil you use in your car as most of that oil is energy conversing and is not to be used with a wet clutch as your wheeler has a wet clutch!!

#7 ·
Really on that Rich? i have been using 10w30 dino oil in both my 450s and my 79 cb650 and the motorbike has wet clutch also. The streetbike get used more than my wheeler but shifts fine and i only check my clutch adjustment once a year on that....between the oil and just getting my adjuster fixed on the 450; should i go to the JASO-MA?
Or is this just a wet clutch specific type? Will research it and find out a Canadian price as i am from the cold white north.

#8 ·
Some standard dino oil is wet clutch approved, but NOT all are. Most motorcycles and atv'slarequire wet clutch apporved oil,.
Or you risk possible clutch damage, yes iy might work okOK, but in time it can build a glaze on your clutch plates and ruin them.
So just cause it works fine NOW doesn't mean its right oil.
Wet clutch approved oils come in both dino and syn.
Just read the label on what your using now, might be good,, might not too??

#11 ·
hey there, a fellow new brunswicker, theres a limited number of us on here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.