Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what happened to doc or how to get up with them...if they r still in business do they make a replacement shift controller for 98-01 450es...the docsatvservice site does not work either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a manual shifter from him and it was made with very poor qaulity and then orderd the shift module, sent him the money and it went on for months and never got the module. He kept giving me excuses why he hadnt gotten it to me yet. I finally demanded my money back and he sent it to me. He told me he was moving and his son was moving back to help him. Shortly after his website went down and i assumed he went out of buisness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I made my own shift control system with 2 relays and and wire and connectors. It wouldnt shift half the time and run the battery down. After making my own shift system its shifts great and has never run the battery down since.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I made my own shift control system with 2 relays and and wire and connectors. It wouldnt shift half the time and run the battery down. After making my own shift system its shifts great and has never run the battery down since.
hey, i have an 04 could you give some details of what all u did, i might do it to mine

·
Premium Member
13,155 Posts
It would be easy to do, just think of the shift motor as a winch. It turns in both directions depending on which way the +/- is hooked up to it. You can pick up winch wiring kits (contactor/wiring) for around $30 and just hook it up. The problem is there is no more safety features therefore eventually you are going to break the shift stop bolt, shift plate or maybe even the crankcase where the shift stop bolt is. Will it work...yes. Is it a long term solution.... no.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We still make hand and foot shifters for all ES models. We can be reached at (601) 678-9101. We look forward to solving your ES shifter problems.

Doc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts