Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that has a 500 Artic Cat with 19" of ground clearance. He has his exaust snorkled. I ride with him all of the time but I dont really feel like he needs it. Maybe its because of his ground clearance. Just wondering if I should or shouldn't. im not going very deep. Just deep enough to need the intake snorkled just in case i go down.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
no you dont need an exhaust snorkel just turn the idle up a bit and you will be fine

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
no you dont need one but some people just do it just to be extra safe. i had one on my rubicon just to make sure i didnt stall, i liked it but sometimes you wish you didnt have it because its so loud.
-Aaron

·
Registered
670 Posts

i think it is useless unless you are going through some major water at slow speed...so you won't stall....

here, we are always riding wheelies through water so the exhaust snorkel would be underwater anyway..

·
Registered
47 Posts
you dont have to have it but it has helped me more than a few times...it was a cheap saftey precaution for me and its been worth every bit of $25 all my buddies that i ride with now have one also ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.