Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07. I dont do a LOT of hard riding but every now and then I do, but mostly hunting. The other day I noticed when I got on the ATV, I started hearing a bad "creeking" noise on the front end at real slow speeds, anytime my weight shifted. So I got off and pressed down on the front and it was pretty loud and when I lifted up on the front the same thing. Nothing looks damaged. The creeking sound isnt like a screetch, much deeper than that. I noticed though when I pushed down with all my weight, it didnt seem to want to come all the way up to its original position. Vice versa, when I lifted up on it, it didnt seem to want to come down to its original position. The best way I can describe the sound would be like a donkey, e-aw, e-aw, e-aw, if your pushing up and down on the atv. Could this be the shocks? Seems kind new for this to be happening. I do have a 2-inch HL lift on it. Any advice would be appreciated. Not a mechanic, just a rider and I dont want to possibly further damage anything.

·
Registered
804 Posts
i would say its time for some new ball joints. you can fix it for a little while by getting a grease gun with a needle tip on it and stick it into the boot on the ball joint and put some grease in it. you can also tell if its the ball joints by jacking up the front end and looking at the top of the ball joints if there getting wore you will see a little crack that goes down beside the ball on top and while you got it up check for play in the wheel from top to bottom just grab it and try to move it up and down. also may be the a arm bushings where they attach to the frame there is rubber bushings in there and you can spray some wd-40 in them to try and loosen them up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good chance it is the A-Arm pivots or the shock spring rubbing against the plastic shock stem cover. Like the previous poster said, lift it up and check for slack first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts