Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a canadian that happens to live close enough to the border that shipping stuff to the US and going to pick them up is an option. unfortunately Honda East doesn't like this and makes you jump through hoops like paypal (don't get me started on paypal) and wiring money. What online business in 2013 doesn't take credit cards. amazon does, rock auto does, cheap cycle parts does. get the picture honda east??

They do have good prices but for my situation it was cheaper to go with cheap cycle parts and actually know how much it costs to ship. Plus cheap cycle parts is a little more lenient on their policies. They state that for first time customers billing and shipping addresses must be the same but one phone call and all was settled and my order was placed. It ended up costing me 20% more on parts but a lot less hassle on shipping.

Honda east toledo cannot be reached through their contact us form on their website and they don't seem to look at their pm's on this site. Order at your own risk.

consider this an endorsement for cheap cycle parts and a big disappointment for honda east.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
wow, thats to bad, i hate having a bad customer service experience.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
i love honda east never had a problem placing an order with credit card or contacting them and having any questions answered in 2 mins. any honda parts orders over 100 bucks is free shipping. most sites that have the contact now button and you fill your name # addy and your question never get back to you it's always better to call. at least that's always been my experience
Honda east is not a vender on this site so your pm's prob wouldn't get answered for a long time as they dont sign on it everyday
iv ordered thousands through honda east for multiple makes and models and accessories and iv never had them mess up on a order or received any damaged items. always had my parts in about 5 to 6 days as they dont stock every part and have to order some.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's not Honda East's problem you live in Canada,and what's so hard about Paypal?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I realize it is not their problem and I am sure most of you americans have no problems doing business with them but when it comes to special requests like having a shipping address that is different than the billing address. they won't budge on their policies unlike cheap cycle parts.

I will repeat myself they are not a bad company, if you live in the states. they were very nice on the phone just not willing to bend the rules a little to get 150$ worth of business.

I did check out motosport but there prices were quite a bit higher than cheap cycle parts.

I told you not to get me started on paypal. have you every tried to talk to someone at paypal. they have no call center, you send them an email and they write you back and refer you to their faq page. I can't add a US address to my paypal account and I tried linking a bank account to my paypal account and two weeks later they send me an e-mail saying it didn't work and that I have to fax my account info to xxx-xxx-xxxx number so that everyone in the office can see it. no thanks.

I haven't used paypal since 2007 and I don't think I will anytime soon.

all this trouble and a two week delay when honda east could have just accepted my paypal payment for 122$ and written a different address on the box and I would have been happy and I wouldn't be writing this. Last night I got fed up and called cheap cycle parts and they accepted my foreign credit card for 150$ payment and changed the shipping address for me. I should have my parts by next weekend.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You can't blame a company for having rules,and if they bend them for you they have to doit for a 100 other guys,which pretty much makes the rule worthless,doesn't it? I feel for ya but I guess Honda East just isn't an option for you.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I realize it is not their problem and I am sure most of you americans have no problems doing business with them but when it comes to special requests like having a shipping address that is different than the billing address. they won't budge on their policies unlike cheap cycle parts.

I will repeat myself they are not a bad company, if you live in the states. they were very nice on the phone just not willing to bend the rules a little to get 150$ worth of business.

I did check out motosport but there prices were quite a bit higher than cheap cycle parts.

I told you not to get me started on paypal. have you every tried to talk to someone at paypal. they have no call center, you send them an email and they write you back and refer you to their faq page. I can't add a US address to my paypal account and I tried linking a bank account to my paypal account and two weeks later they send me an e-mail saying it didn't work and that I have to fax my account info to xxx-xxx-xxxx number so that everyone in the office can see it. no thanks.

I haven't used paypal since 2007 and I don't think I will anytime soon.

all this trouble and a two week delay when honda east could have just accepted my paypal payment for 122$ and written a different address on the box and I would have been happy and I wouldn't be writing this. Last night I got fed up and called cheap cycle parts and they accepted my foreign credit card for 150$ payment and changed the shipping address for me. I should have my parts by next weekend.
Not bashing them at all, but..thats why cheapcycle it so famous..they bend/break their own policies, claim "cheapest" parts in the nation..which is true until you tack on shipping.. I've found other sites actuall part cost is few dollars higher but shipping is alot lower. Guess it just depends on where you/them are shipping to whether who is better to deal with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda east was the cheapest, that's why I wanted to do business with them but because they couldn't or wouldn't ship to the states the international shipping was the difference that put them over cheap cycle parts with their free shipping deal.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I bought from Honda East last last year and I'm all the way in Ireland! Was very straight forward and delivery was quick too.

However, I've been trying to contact them last week, but as yet no reply to PM.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
What online business in 2013 doesn't take credit cards. amazon does, rock auto does, cheap cycle parts does. get the picture honda east??

i know exactly what you mean, i have wanted my lifetime membership since the day i signed up but i dont have paypal and i tried the credit card route but the site just kept saying paypal :wacko:, i would do what toodeep suggested and try the companies that sponsor this awesome forum we have here first before anywhere else, the other thing about paypal is it restricts me from being able to purchase 95% of the cool -hit i find on ebay, my wife makes fun of me because i have a debit account that i only use for online purchases and its through another bank than the one i do everyday business with, but i like to be careful aint no online nigerian overseas scammers ripping my savings off me !

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I bought from Honda East last last year and I'm all the way in Ireland! Was very straight forward and delivery was quick too.

However, I've been trying to contact them last week, but as yet no reply to PM.
better off calling them like i said in my 1st post they arnt a vender on this site so they dont have any real reason to check on here everyday

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I've dealt with these guys. Had to buy a part I broke on jeepwm69's foreman. Called them up, and bought the part and actually shipped it to his address. Nice guy to deal with. Then several months later pm'ed him for a part on the 300 and he never got back to me, but I wasn't in a big hurry on it (and still not) so didn't worry about it.

If I needed something ASAP I would just be calling. I know jeepwm69 uses these guys alot. He has always got good things to say about them.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Ordered a bunch of parts from Paulie last weekend for my project ride. As usual, his parts were cheaper than any I could find online and he didn't maul me on shipping like Babbits and some of the others do.

My local Honda dealership is a "full retail plus tax" type establishment where they act as if they are doing you a favor by selling you parts instead of you bringing your ride to them to allow them to fix/ service it at their "no lube included" prices.

No problems with Paulie at Honda East. I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Ordered a bunch of stuff from Paulie at Honda East Toledo last weekend. As usual he was cheaper than anywhere else I could find and didn't rape me on shipping like some of the places do.

My local Honda dealership acts like they're doing me a favor by selling me parts at full retail + tax. To think I would do it myself as opposed to paying their "no lube included" prices apparently bothers them.
Email Paulie at [email protected]. As far as their policies are concerned with shipping, all I can say is, when you get burned a couple of times doing something, most people stop doing it.
I highly recommend Paulie though. Best prices I found, reasonable shipping, and fast turnaround.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Sent the guys an email yesterday, replied very quickly, and order now placed for a few bits, was the cheapest I could find too.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I've gotten three orders in the last two weeks (well, I'm waiting on the 3rd to arrive). Everything has come quickly and is priced lower than anywhere else I've found it.

If you CALL and ask for Paulie they'll take a credit card number order over the phone. Not sure if the online site reflects the discount I'm pretty sure he offered for this site, so definitely call him or email him.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
paypal USED to be a big PNTA...but since they were bought out I do not hear of anybody having problems anymore!

Ive gotten some great service from Ronayers.com Ron Ayers Motorsports

Question:
I want to contact PayPal customer service but can't find the PayPal phone number? Please help.

Finding the PayPal Phone number on their website is quite tricky and some users have suggested this may be because PayPal prefers receiving requests by email and wants to reduce the number of calls. You can contact PayPal customer service at the toll-free contact numbers below:

Toll Free for Business/Premier, USA & Canada: 1-888-221-1161 / 1-888-204-4481

Personal Accounts: 1-402-935-2050

PayPal UK: 0870 7307 191

They are open between the following hours:

4:00 AM PDT to 10:00 PM PDT Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PDT to 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday and Sunday

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i had to order a few parts for my dads yamaha kodiak and i found the best prices and the fastest cheapest shipping at Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts i never used them or heard of them before but i took a gamble and am super satisfied with the ease of my transaction and just how fast the parts showed up. i dont know if they carry honda atv parts but if they did id do all my business with them, and if anyone on here owns a yamaha id suggest checking them out sometime if u need a part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts