Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS MIGHT BE A DUMB QUESTION, BUT HOW DO YOU FELLAS CLEAN YOUR FRONT BRAKES SO YOU DON'T HEAR THAT GRINDING NOISE. I DROVE AROUND IN SOME WATER BEFORE WE LEFT AND I TRIED TO WASH IT OUT WITH THE WATER HOSE WHEN I GOT HOME BUT I STILL HEAR IT.

·
Registered
118 Posts
you got drums or did you install disk brakes cheap way is brake clean and a fine grit peice of sand paper to rub the pads in a circular motionand that should work on the other hand honda drum brakes tend to wear into an oval which means when you adjust you will either rub or have no brakes at all at least that's what the tech at wildwest told me! hope this helps expensive way is the disk brake conversion i love mine on the rancher

·
Registered
743 Posts
The new 05 had disks. The sound you are hearing is the mud scraper. There must still be some mud in the brakes. Try cleaning it out real good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT WAS JUST THE FRONT BRAKES MAKING THE NOISE I WENT AHEAD AND TOOK THE FRONT TIRES OFF AND SPRAYED THEM OFF REAL GOOD THAT SEEMED TO TAKE CARE OF IT. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR THE LAZY MAN'S WAY

THE REAR BRAKE I ASSUME IT IS A DRUM TYPE BRAKE, IS THE HOUSING FOR IT SEALED WATER TIGHT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My brakes have the same problem, but mine squeal when rolling slow in first gear, when not squeezing the brakes. I do not know how I can fix this without having to take the tires off every time I ride? It is very annoying to be driving a brand new four wheeler and pull up next to your buddies when riding and your four wheeler squeals.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The drilled rotors are probably holding sand/mud. as you can see there is really no easy way to get at them with the tire on. Staying out of the muddy water would help, but who wants to do that?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Get the maxxis 8 spokes. They allow you to spray out the brakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts