Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my names Jimmy. New member that has been reading alot on here. I have been a stock car driver and mechanic most my life and sold out so buying some atvs to keep me busy. Recently bought a nice 2003 450 foreman that need carb rebuilt and some odd and end stuff. Have it up and running well. Everything is serviced and ready to go. Have one last thing that is driving me crazy. The headlights on dim are very very dim. Switch to bright and the lower lights turn off and the upper light works great. I've cleaned and checked connections and grounds. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone my names Jimmy. New member that has been reading alot on here. I have been a stock car driver and mechanic most my life and sold out so buying some atvs to keep me busy. Recently bought a nice 2003 450 foreman that need carb rebuilt and some odd and end stuff. Have it up and running well. Everything is serviced and ready to go. Have one last thing that is driving me crazy. The headlights on dim are very very dim. Switch to bright and the lower lights turn off and the upper light works great. I've cleaned and checked connections and grounds. Any ideas?
Is it dim from the headlight lens yellowing with age? or I'm wondering if there is excessive resistance in the headlight switch, causing a voltage drop to the headlights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it dim from the headlight lens yellowing with age? or I'm wondering if there is excessive resistance in the headlight switch, causing a voltage drop to the headlights.
Lenses are actually pretty clear. I've check voltage at the plug where the wires spilt to each light and have 12 volts. Haven't had time to look at it in a couple days but, screams ground to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solved!
Had time this evening and found a ground wire that was broke internally. It was in the wire that is attached to front fenders. Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts