Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 with 28 zilla's, gorilla axels, 1" lift, gearless locker.
The locker is broken so i put the limited slip back in and it is impossible to stear. It is harder to stear in two wheel drive than it was in 4 when the locker was working. Had to grind piece in original front end for locker to work. Is that the piece that makes it so hard to stear? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Sounds to me like instead of a limited slip you have kind of a spool. If you had to machine your ring gear then you need to replace it in order to return it to stock.

What happened to your dgl?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DGL broke the inside housing and all the gears inside, going to call highlifter and see how long the warranty lasts. I did have to grind the ring gear. wouldn't know where i can get one cheap would you. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Ebay is probably your best bet, I think a new one is only a little over $100

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Had an 03 with exact problem after taking out the spool locker. Had to take apart 3 times before I finally figured out what the problem was. I didn't lubricate properly while putting back together. On the third try I made sure my diff oil (I use amsoil) covered every part and it worked great.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Had an 03 with exact problem after taking out the spool locker. Had to take apart 3 times before I finally figured out what the problem was. I didn't lubricate properly while putting back together. On the third try I made sure my diff oil (I use amsoil) covered every part and it worked great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts