Honda Foreman Forums banner

Detroit gearless locker

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  big4fifty4man 
#1 ·
How much is involved in installing this & the cost. Is it worth it?

#2 ·
dgl

the cost 350 for your machine ... it is awesome !!! the detroit gearless locker works excellent , but turning is a little hard and it is a bitch to put in !!! your looking at 3 to 4 hours of labor to install .. is it worth it ? you got that right it is worth its weight in gold , especially if you do alot of mud hole riding ... bottom line if you like to play in the mud this is the upgrade you need !!!

#3 ·
DEFINITELY GET ONE!!!!!!

They aren't too hard to install, it just takes some time to get the diff out, once its out, it's a piece of cake. But, like Trigger said, it takes time, and patience.

#4 ·
DEFINITELY GET ONE!!!!!!

They aren't too hard to install, it just takes some time to get the diff out, once its out, it's a piece of cake. But, like Trigger said, it takes time, and patience.

#8 ·
i don't have one but 2 wheel drive is normal. when you put it in 4 wheel all four are locked. i would probably have one going in but i ride a lot of trail and hills and would hate to have the hard steering that comes with having it.

#9 ·
locker

it isnt ALWAYS locked when its in 2wd you can jack the front up and spin both tires opposite ways just like normal when in 4wd it is completley locked, and the install is a $(%)@&)$*(@)(&*^$)(*@$(*^#)(@#)(^ it sucked they sent the locker supposedly assembled but the clutchpack was in the wrong order so one tire was locked and the other side was limited slip so after taking the front end apart 5 TIMES LITERALLY i dissassembled the locker itself and found the 2 identical clutch plates side by side and that one thing caused alot of problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.