Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv installed the locker on my 05 foreman and it works great, its real nice having both tires pullin. But when i got it it came with a little vile of oil that your suppost to add to the diff oil. My question is where do i purchase more of this, is it needed, what does it do, can i use the limited slip additive they sell at the auto parts for trucks in the diff. Im really not sure so any help would greatly be appriciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its just a limited slip additive. Should be able to get it at any parts store. I think I read on here somewhere that if you run synthetic gear oil, you dont need the additive, but Im not sure. I did both. Someone on here should be able to tell ya. I love the locker. It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
This is what I have been using every since I have had the DGL.
Its made by CRC
Trans-X Posi-Trax Limited Slip Gear Oil Additive Part #402508 its a 7oz tube. I think I got it at Advanced Auto Part Store. Most any auto store should carry this product.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awsome, thanx for the replys guys. Im glad i dont have order some from the DGL.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I HAVE THE DGL IN MY HONDA FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND ALL I USE IS SYNTHETIC 75W90 OIL WITH NO ADDITIVE.I CHANGE IT REGULARLY, TWICE A YEAR.ITS ONE OF THE BEST ADDITIONS YOU CAN INSTALL.(IF YOU GET STUCK WITH TRUE 4WD THEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT).SERIOUSLY THOUGH I HAVENT HAD TO USE MY WINCH VERY MUCH WITH THE DGL.I DRIVE MOSTLY IN 2WD UNTIL I GET STUCK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.