Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my DGL. The cap to the additive that came with had came off during shipping. Does anyone know what the additive is exactly. I would like to install it this weekend and do not want to wait for high lifter to ship me some new stuff. I am gonna check the local axle shop and see if they know or if they have any. The stuff should be readily available if you are supposed to use it with every gear oil change. If anyone can help please let me know. Im dying to install this thing this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
YOu can use the limited slip additive for trucks, you should be able to get it at any parts house. My cap came off too during shipping that stuff stinks. Have fun with the install, it aint that bad.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just got into the instructions. Apparently when i was looking on their website at the instructions, i overlooker the part about machining down the ring gear. Did you take yours to a machine shop? I was planning on doin my tomorrow at work, but i dont have access to a lathe at work nor do i know of anyplace close by that i could take it to. Is there some other shortcut i could take?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Nope no shortcut, I took mine to a machine shop and had it done. It cost me about $40 and they kept it for a day. Maybe you could luck up and find a shop to do it while you wait it isn't that much to do.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
you won't need an additive if you use synthetic gear oil, I use Amsoil.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. Im gonna make some calls, but i imagine that i will have to wait do it during the week. I plan on ridin on sunday and would hate to have it half apart and not be able to get the part back.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
QUOTE ("Eric":13qi7y8d)
you won't need an additive if you use synthetic gear oil, I use Amsoil.
That is good to know, I will do that next time. they sure act funny when they get water in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts