Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have read many listings about this problem and have been working with Honda (useless they just guess) and 2 Honda shops. I refuse to give up on this. There has to be a way to fix it. We have replaced the trans twice (at hondas request),5 angel sensors (at hondas request), the wire harness (at hondas request), speed sensor, battery , the switch that selects D1-D2-ESP, shift motor, ecu, I think neutral sensor. American Honda also tells me they never had a problem with the transmission. Funny how so many people are dreaming they do. Anyway, any help, any idea, any thing we may have missed. Please let me know.
replaced
Throttle opening (throttle sensor)
Vehicle velocity (speed sensor)
Engine speed (rpm) (ignition pulse generator)
Hondamatic motor-swash-plate angle (angle sensor)
Gear position (gear position switch)
Control mode and map (mode/map switch)

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Whats it doing? I didn't see the shift control motor in the parts. Has it been cleaned and tested? Like mentioned above the oil pressure been tested? I've had to replace a few cdi units on them also (controls the hondamatic). Does it give any codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine started the same thing on January 15th. It will stop flashing from time to time and shift out as usual. For that reason I was assuming it was a sensor or oil pressure/level problem. I have not looked at it as of yet. Please keep posting your findings as I am about to start the process of figuring mine out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i don't remember how but you can get the codes by counting the flashes and the bike will tell you what it is. did you do that?

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Pinned topic at the top of the forum section for the code retrieval. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you fixed this? I just bought a Rubicon and am having the same problems. It shows it going in gear on the display but never moves or engages. Checked the automatic transmission control motor and it works. I am getting power at the ECM at Plug 5. The wires that go from the ECM to the automatic trans control motor are all good. I think I have narrowed it down to the ECM but don't want to drop $300 before Im SURE that is what it is. I checked to see if I got power at the conector for the control motor and I got nothing. (the key was on and I was shifting from N to D and also shifting gears in ESP mode)

What else could it be before I go just throwing parts at it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys. On my 07 Rubicon I get D1 D2 ESP flashing once long and then 10 short flashes and then repeats same thing over and over. I put it in drive, does not show D on the screen, but runs. Same think with the reverse. I turn it off and on and was not doing it anymore, but I just don't know what is it wrong and if it will happen again. Anybody has any idea what it can be ? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Hi Guys. On my 07 Rubicon I get D1 D2 ESP flashing once long and then 10 short flashes and then repeats same thing over and over. I put it in drive, does not show D on the screen, but runs. Same think with the reverse. I turn it off and on and was not doing it anymore, but I just don't know what is it wrong and if it will happen again. Anybody has any idea what it can be ? Thanks.
http://www.hondaforeman.com/147-rubicon-500/68961-01-500fa-code-retrieval-procedure-list.html
Start with this.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I would make sure that the micro switch on the right hand brake isn't sticking and that the gear selector is in the right position and isn't off just a little.

·
Registered
41 Posts
flashing

i agree with rubiranch i had the same problem and it was my shift linkage was out of wack reset as per manual and everythung worked fine after that

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having a similar problem. Mine will go into reverse fine and will shift into 1st gear but will not shift and the esp-D1-D2 just blinks.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
what is yours doing? the post above yours sounds like angle sensor

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have recently purchased an Honda ES bolt on shifter from ACE's in Meridian, Ms. We have installed it on our ATV ourselves and has made all the difference in the world. It has fixed all our problems. You can contact them at [email protected] or call Tyler @ 601-616-3299.
Also i purchased for $50.00 with free shipping. Hope you find your answers. Crystal

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have recently purchased an Honda ES bolt on shifter from ACE's in Meridian, Ms. We have installed it on our ATV ourselves and has made all the difference in the world. It has fixed all our problems. You can contact them at [email protected] or call Tyler @ 601-616-3299.
Also i purchased for $50.00 with free shipping. Hope you find your answers. Crystal
youre a better mechanic than I if you can fit that emergency manual shifter on a rubi

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Either CrystalQuinn is just a REALLY big fan, or she works for ACE's in Meridian MS.

Seriously, clicked "New Posts" and there were about 15 posts on ES problems with the same canned response by crystalquinn to every one of them.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Just letting it slide a little so you guys can have some fun. It's taking longer than I thought it would.. Lol. I'm pretty relaxed on things like this if its just one post but it went to the spam category right away. I'm aware of it though..

·
Registered
885 Posts
honda trx 500fpa esp flashing and fuel guage flashing also engine not responsive to throtle any ideas
you need to supply more information than this. sounds like its throwing codes? have you checked the number of flashes? theres a pinned topic at the top of the rubicon section for retrieving codes

1 - 20 of 34 Posts