Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to replace the front outside cv boot? Mine has a small rip in one of them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It shows the ball joint tool ..We have 1 but it only gets used a couple of times a year .. The ball joint is a taper fit ..if you remove the cotter pin & nut then hit the side (where the taper ball joint goes thru the knuckle) they will pop right apart..
========================================

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Wow! With instuctions like that, i think that i
could even do it. Honda Mechanic, you are
a great asset to this place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man that's some work just to change a boot. Is there any way to repair the small slit, about 1/2 inch long?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Duct Tape!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("bnjeep":3c9e5r13)
Duct Tape!!!
Ok Neil. what do you use to hole up your pants?? Duct tape??

I have heard of using "liquid tape" Its for insulting wires so it should be at most hardware stores, it looks something like a PVC glue can. I just couldn't on how long it will last. CVs are too expensive to "rig" something IMO. But then again I'll try anything once!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
bailing twine

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have not brought your boot yet, I would recommend getting the gorilla boot for stock axles, they last longer than OEM boots

·
Registered
213 Posts
I changed mine by removeing the 2 upper A arm bolts, and the lower shock bolt. and the Axel nut there was enough clearance this way to remove the axel and change the boot. Also I recomend using a torque wrench on the castle nut. 58 ft lbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts