Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just wondering what everyone's favorite boot guards are? I have cycle country and don't like them I don't think thy come up high enough to protect the CV boot. Which one should I buy next. I aslo want protection under A-Arm cycle country has that also but
im not sure if they all do. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
181 Posts
Check out the aluminum products stik guards, their made out of very stout aluminum. Look in my pics.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
oxlite are nice ones they cover alot of area. my buddy had moose on his rubicon and if they would get bent just a little they would cut the cv boot. but like SASQUATCH said the aluminum product ones are nice too.
-Aaron

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input. Do the alum poducts protect bottom of A-Arm to?? Thanks again

·
Registered
785 Posts
I like the Oxlites, we have them on both our bikes, they are super strong and give the boots lots of coverage.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Aluminum Products are great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Heres some pics of mine, TEXAS MUDSLINGER punched some holes in them for added drainage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stick gaurds

I've had experience with both Alum. products and oxlite I currently have the A.P.s on my Rubi mainly due to the wieght issue they seem to work good and they look great also no bolts hanging down so they have a clean appearance. one thing,they dont cover the outboard C.V.'s as well as i like so i left the plastic ones on there and ground the A.P.'s so the would'nt rub the plastic. both cover the a-arms well. the oxlite's are like a tank ,i had them on a 450 E.S. and had great coverage but they wiegh more

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry I meant I ground the plastic outter gaurds so the A.P.'s would'nt rub It's what the honda dealer where I bought mine does but like I said, the only thing I got against them is they still dont cover the outter boot like the ox-lites

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone tried the Savant Stick Stoppers? They have an aluminum version also. They appear to have better outboard boot protection for the 05-06 Rubicon. They have turned a "lip" outward for more protection. I plan to get a set shortly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use the ricochet skid plates front and back they have awesome coverage and are super strong and the mounting is nearly bulletproof.a couple pics from when i did my front wheel bearings they show the front plates.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have the savant stick stoppers and personally i like the ap better but the savant are a lot higher than the ap

·
Registered
244 Posts
they would just clear with stock wheels but with my itp wheels i have plenty of room.remember mine is a rancher in the pics but my buddy has them on a foreman 500 and they are exactly the same.they cover almost to the top a-arm.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Again.... As Boomhower would say.....Yup..Ummmm ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.