Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is supposed to be in the CV boot? what type of grease? should it be packed?

reason i am asking is b/c a while back i started hearing a popping noise, i changed the bearings and bushings and stuff, still have the same noise.

one of those bands on my cv boot popped off so i put a steel clamp on it...

i am guessing that it's finally kaput.

i know there is supposed to be some type of grease or something in there. i just wanna know before i start taking it apart.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
most any auto stores will have it, they have it listed under either cv boot grease or outboard grease and usually keep it behind the counter.

·
Registered
936 Posts
crash did u get ur arms back together yet. i got half my parts in rest is on back order.

your local shop should have the cv grease for liek 6 bucks..

·
Registered
163 Posts
All it is in bearing grease. Make sure to pack it good.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so what should it look like inside the boot then?

i may take it off and opener up and look in there to see what's going on...then pack it full of grease and see if the noise stopps...

·
Registered
174 Posts
if it's snapping then the joint is done and needs to be replaced, It's usually a dark green or black color grease that is in there try repacking it first and you may get a little more time out of it but my money is on the fact it will bust just when you need it .

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its more of a popping noise...it seems that it happens mostly when i am in first, sitting still and i hit the gas to go...it pops then is fine for a while...

it did it alot before i changed my bearings, then wasn't so bad...i changed my front arm bushings, then only heard it twice on my last 2 hour ride

i saw someone say something about their clutch pops but i think when mine pops i feel it a little in the steering...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.