Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Finished up a few details on my Custom Rear Winch Install and thought I would share in case others want to do this in the future.

It was really easy and I did without modifying anything on my 07 Foreman. Didn't have to drill any holes, or anything. I came up with a "clamp fit" using some bits I had lying around. It was also nice to have both front and rear solenoid assemblies tucked away and mounted in a safe place. I think it turned out great.

Can't wait to go in the woods and drag some trees out tomorrow!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE ("Dirty4man":3e17pyit)
nice clean job, looks great
Thank you! It will look even better soon. I am going to give it a workout the next few weeks and then try it out over Labor Day at the Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV. If everything is OK I will then take it all apart and have my wife Powder Coat all the parts gloss black so it will look more factory and blend in with the frame etc.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Wow thats sweet!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nice work! Looks clean enough to be a factory install.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("big_daddy_bigfoot":dd4bnett)
Wow thats sweet!!
QUOTE ("H4":dd4bnett)
:thumbup: Nice work! Looks clean enough to be a factory install.
WOW, Thank you both very much!

I have already had a few requests and I am probably going to make a CAD drawing of the mounting plate when I take it back off for Powdercoating. Then I could e-mail the DXF file to anyone and they could take it to a Water Jet, Plasma or Laser cutter and have it made for $50 or less. The rest of it is just normal nuts bolts an washers available at any hardware store. The pre-07 Foreman and Rubicon will be easier as deciding how to remount the single taillight of the 07 took more time than anything else.

Here are a few more daylight pics...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks good! I did the same mod, I have some pictures on here on another thread. I did mine with one switch and a toggle on the headlight pod to select between the two winches. Sure is nice to have 2 winches, I have used it several times and really glad it was there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.