Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here are a few honda tools that i made for no money that can made by anyone with a hacksaw .....lol

swing arm locking nut tool !
this one is made from a cheep china 1in socket i had lying around that i cut the top to fit the 4 grooved nut (i only made it with 2 insted of the 4 like the nut ....but works just fine )

front and rear pinon nut tool !
this tool i made from a 1 1/4in steam radiator valve . the end of the valve is 2in at the nut and needs to be ground down a little (to almost 1 7/8in ).i just used a big pair of channel locks to tighten and remove the pinion nut

i hope this saves some people some money because times are tough .......
if anyone has anymore homemade tools PLEASE add them to this thred !!!!!! rich

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Rich, u da man. This thread is gonna be epic! Do u have any pics of these tools u have made?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I can't anyways, maybe everyone else can but I can always see ur pics. Just not these

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Moderation crap, everyone should be able to see them now.

A couple lug nuts welded together makes a good 17mm allen socket for the swing arm bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Can now see toodeeps pics and that's clever for the swing arm bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
for the front and rear pinion nut, i always used to use a piece of square tubing that fit into the nut and over the pinion. 2" i think it was. may have to dremel a little from the inside of the tube to slip over the pinion. i then just used a pipe wrench on the square tubing. no pics as that was years ago but always worked great!

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Cool thread I just found it

here is a "DEEP" well socket I made it's for the Sprocket nut on a Harley, I turned down the face of the socket for Max grip, I split a socket and add a piece of Steel pipe in the middle....simple & looks good too

BTW: I put rubber tubing over the main shaft for protection....it pays to use a Rubber :lol: .......... Hose!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I made this acouple nights ago to get the clutch off. The manual calls for a "clutch center holder" P/N 07JMB-MN50301...I call it the getta clutch off'er lol
Its just a 1/4" piece of aluminum and a 1/2" braker bar.. i made it out of some scrap i had layin around. Aint pretty but it got the job done and saved time and money.. :cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
I made this acouple nights ago to get the clutch off. The manual calls for a "clutch center holder" P/N 07JMB-MN50301...I call it the getta clutch off'er lol
Its just a 1/4" piece of aluminum and a 1/2" braker bar.. i made it out of some scrap i had layin around. Aint pretty but it got the job done and saved time and money.. :cheers
Thats cool you did a Great job on that,

that almost looks like what a lot of guys have done with old Harley clutch plates to get the clutch nut off.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Shock spring tool

Here's a shock spring compressor made out of some scrap tubing, angle iron and a few bolts. I made it so I could move the handle and hang it on the wall when not needed. The handle is also adjustable for about any shock I come across and I just used long bolts for the pins. If needed I can just make a different plate for larger shocks but for most the one works fine. I welded a couple washers on the outside of it to run a bolt through for safety when doing the tougher shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Looks good toodeep. Looks a lot safer than a lot of the other contraptions I've seen in the past.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Made this to remove valves on xr200 but should work on moat small engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts