Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been eyeballing these tires for awhile now and just wondered what everyone thought about them. I am running 26'' mudlites and looking to change them out maybe this fall. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
if it was me buying them i would go for the mayhem tires . because i do more wet muddy rideing and the ancla tires look to much like mudlites and that arent for me !

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Zillas!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been looking at the Zilla's also.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
26''s GNCC type stuff. Mud, dirt, sand, water. lol Mainly stuff that sport quads race through in woods. Some races get pretty nasy tho. I am a track sweeper for 3 local cross country racing series in Indiana. When the racers break down in the woods I pull them out and back to there pits. My Mudlites have worked great for it for the last 2 years. 1 of the back tires have a sidewall hole with 3 plugs in it and tread is starting to wear down. Front tires still look good for being almost 6 years old, the back are getting a little rough.

·
Premium Member
7,993 Posts
26''s GNCC type stuff. Mud, dirt, sand, water. lol Mainly stuff that sport quads race through in woods. Some races get pretty nasy tho. I am a track sweeper for 3 local cross country racing series in Indiana. When the racers break down in the woods I pull them out and back to there pits. My Mudlites have worked great for it for the last 2 years. 1 of the back tires have a sidewall hole with 3 plugs in it and tread is starting to wear down. Front tires still look good for being almost 6 years old, the back are getting a little rough.
If you were pleased with your mudlites I would look into the ITP 589s. Since you do alot of towing and "work" with it another tire I would concider would be the GBC grim reaper..... great wearing all around tire that has an 8-ply side wall.....great for those towing jobs :).

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
for the type of riding you described i'd go with the itp mayhem's.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input. It just hit me that Maxxis is the main tire sponsor for one of the XC series I work with, might see what I can work out with on some discounts on some Zilla's. Wont hurt to ask. lol

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
If you were pleased with your mudlites I would look into the ITP 589s. Since you do alot of towing and "work" with it another tire I would concider would be the

GBC grim reaper..... great wearing all around tire that has an 8-ply side wall.....
great for those towing jobs :).
I'm interested in reading Rubiranchs Review on these tires.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks for the input. It just hit me that Maxxis is the main tire sponsor for one of the XC series I work with, might see what I can work out with on some discounts on some Zilla's. Wont hurt to ask. lol

CST = Maxxis

I have seen the Ancla in person, very very heavy and runs short.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
i run the cst ancla, i can tell you its good tire, alot of grip hard pack or loose

i have the 25x8/ 25x10, compare to a similar size bear claw they are almost 1" wider front and rear

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tires look good mathcamo500. But I think i got my mind made up, going to go with the 26'' Mayhems.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts