Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crank has a good amount of slop in it in my 2017 Foreman and I think it’s time to go ahead and replace it. I have a fairly new crank from a 2014 Rancher and I was curious if they are interchangeable. Would be nice to save $400 by using the one I already have. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
12 Posts
My crank has a good amount of slop in it in my 2017 Foreman and I think it’s time to go ahead and replace it. I have a fairly new crank from a 2014 Rancher and I was curious if they are interchangeable. Would be nice to save $400 by using the one I already have. Thanks in advance !

The 420 and 500 uses the same crankshaft and bottom end. Honda part number 13000-HR3-A40

Only difference between the 420 and 500 is the cylinder/piston/etc. You can actually install a 500 top end on a 420 and gain a little extra oomph, but you'll have best results with a programmer to add a little extra fuel.

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts
Cranks are the same.

475 cylinder on a 420 isn't worth the money unless your 420 cylinder is ruined and can't be bored out. The cylinder on my wife's 420 was cracked so I had to buy a new cylinder anyway, so I went with the Foreman top end. Little bit more power, but not enough to justify new parts unless your old stuff is unusable.

Supposedly the new 520 cylinder will bolt on but requires grinding out the cases to clear the larger cylinder.

I'll wait for @toodeep to do that swap and tell us what's required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts