Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cooling fan on my Foreman 400 cuts on when the ignition is turned on and won't cut off. The battery was just replaced and since hooking the new battery up the cooling fan cuts on when the ignition is turned on. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to stop it?

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
welcome to the forum !!!
this only started when you replaced youre battery?
i wonder if the fan is wired to a bypass switch that wasnt hooked up to the battery untill you rehooked it up .....

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is the oil temp light on also? If you want to change your user name just PM me what you want it as.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The cooling fan on my Foreman 400 cuts on when the ignition is turned on and won't cut off. The battery was just replaced and since hooking the new battery up the cooling fan cuts on when the ignition is turned on. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to stop it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep I have the same problem fan runs all the time never had the oil light come on. I changed the oil and didn’t change anything. Curious to see if you found the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you bought a used machine there is a possibility that a previous owner wired in a switch (or just jumped to ground) in order to have the fan run full time.
Another possibility is that the temp sensor for the oil is shorted and needs to be replaced. If this was the case however the oil light would go on. To test for this, just disconnect the wire to the sensor and see if the fan stops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts