Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I removed the control motor to check the gear shaft for free movement I found it won't budge. Is my tranny smoked. Low and Reverse work fine but Drive is slugish and making the clutch slip.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The gear for the shift control motor should turn with your finger ..

This is the picture for the "motor lock" code .. where the screwdriver is turning the gear you should be able to turn the gear with your finger .. Is this the shaft you can't turn ..?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the gear I can't budge! Ugh! Thank you for the quick response. Is there something I can try to free it? I'd like to use a sledge hammer.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
When it jams and gives the "motor lock" code you can break it free with a screwdriver ... If it isn't jammed and just turns very hard the problem is with the Hondamatic..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish me luck I think I will need it. I really appreciate all you do for me and everyone on this site. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year I'll let you know how I make out.

Thank You
Jim Coast Guard

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy New Year I freed it up with a screwdriver and still had problems I replaced the Angle sensor and all is well. Thank You.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Honda Mechanic @ Dec 23 2008, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=118447
When it jams and gives the "motor lock" code you can break it free with a screwdriver ... If it isn't jammed and just turns very hard the problem is with the Hondamatic..
I am having the same problem. It freed up and rotates freely now but what is causing the problem. I was getting a code 6 and changed the angle sensor and it seemed to fix it. about 3 hours of riding (at different times) later, I get a code 5 (control motor lock). After it is freed up, I still cant get it to work. Do you think it killed my angle sensor?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 rubicon fpa havin the same issues hopefully my new angle sensor will be here tomorrow and i hope it fixes my problems but i cant break that gear free i haven't put a whole lot of force into it because i dont want to break it or scuff the notches in it too much it is not completely seized up it will move a very small amount in both directions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts