Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally been able to enjoy some riding time lately on my 2007 Foreman ES. Have put about 200 miles on and other than this one little problem I love it. I have noticed three or four times that when I first start out it does not seem to want to shift from 2 to 3 (Note: I normaly start from parked right in 2). This only lasts for a very short time, a minute tops, but during that time no matter how many times I try to up shift it, it does not shift. I just ride slowly in 2 for a little bit until it works. After that it shifts very. This has not happened everytime I use it just some times.
Anyone had a similair problem, any ideas on the cause, or solution.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep mine did the same thing but it eventually quit,I adjusted the clutch which did seem to help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine does that when I haven't rode in awhile usually after a few seconds it will shift! 1st to 2nd. 06 foreman 80miles My foot shift Rancher does the same thing sometimes 1st to 2nd after the bike warms up no problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the info guys. Its not a big deal and Im not going to worry about it for now. When I get a chance I will read up on adjusting the clutch and maybe give that a try. Think Im gonna do some riding up north this weekend, I cant wait.

·
Registered
404 Posts
mine still does it when cold after adjusting the clutch. Dosen't take long to come out of it though. i find shifting through all the gears a few times sitting still helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.