Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know what the blinks mean when the shift light blinks
mine blinked 13 times and they have a meaning and if any body knows them it would help me alot

thanks[/code]

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE ("tmac":1rdneyid)
Does any body know what the blinks mean when the shift light blinks
mine blinked 13 times and they have a meaning and if any body knows them it would help me alot

thanks[/code]
Try using the search on the top menu bar , i know there is a lot of info here about that . I went throught this problem before and it was in cold months and it was water in the connectors from washing it well. I went and got dielectric grease at CanadianT and its been fine since than.
To reset the computer try starting your quad moving forward 5 ft shut it of hold down up and down shift bottons turn the key to ON while holding up and down , The N should start blinking thats when you let go and press UP DOWN UP wait a sec or two than press in the throttle in all the way and out , turn key OFF than back ON should be good if not try a few times.

Last weekend my boddys and i were out and 07 Rubicon from this site too
had this problem right after we unloaded , we did this method couple times and went on riding for the day and it might never come back. Hope this helps you out .

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Depends on the model of bike but there is a code retrieval list pinned in each section for the specific model.

:lol Just looked at the dates on the posts but it's here for the search feature.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
ive had a problem ever sense i bought my bike, it shows 3 dots instead of a 1 in first gear, i have the N then i shift into first i get 3 dots, then i have a 2,3,4,5 and if i down shift, it goes back down through the numbers i get to first gear again and its 3 dots, its a 2001 so its before the dots mean a code of some sort, and i dont think its harming my bike any by doing it, i just wanna know why it does it, and if anyone else has ever encounterd this.and mabey if someone knows how to get it to stop. i tried unhooking the battery and hooking it back up, to see if it would reset the computer but it didnt help, and i have a weak battery now, but i put a brand new battery in it when i first got it and it still did it, so i dont know what else to do, i dielectric greased all my connections, i dont know where else to look.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
have you adjusted youre clutch yet ?
no ive been hiding from it cause i dont wanna break the head off the bolt, lol, do u think that might help rich?

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
2007 Honda Rancher FM 420- blinks 4 long and 1 quick in the FI section of dashboard. What the?
Welcome to the forum. That code is for a gear position switch malfunction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Foreman 500 with an error code of 2 long blinks followed by 2 short blinks. can you point me in the directions of problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts