Honda Foreman Forums banner

Code 5 with another question??

17K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  luismelissa 
#1 ·
The ole ruby threw a code 5, I know what the probable cause is, My question is that when the indicator is blink 5 times.. The 4x4 light blinks 4 times, Anyone know what that could be?

Oh, she's an 05' by the way.

#3 ·
so my 4x4 light is blinking 4 times, So that's a problem with the voltage or what?

And the code 5 is the motor lock? What is that, Sorry for the questions, but i'm new to the ruby 500's So it could be the angle sensor? Fill me in, What does the angle sensor do and what causes them to go out? I've seen several post about them going out.

School me man? i know you can with the knowledge you have i seen in your prevous post to people

#4 ·
Yes the code #4 system voltage code means that the selectable 4wd system received low voltage (probably just for 1-2 seconds) this could happen if the bike was idling to slow with the high beam lights on & parking brake on (brake lights on) , or using the winch , or a bad/loose battery connection .. It may be a fluke and not show the code again ..

There are several tests for code #5 for the Hondamatic transmission ..
If you post or PM your email address I will email you the Hondamatic section from the 2005-06 TRX500FGA PDF shop manual .. I will also email you the TRX500 Rubicon overview which explains the operating principals hydrostatic transmission in detail

#7 ·
Honda machanic. I too have been looking for a manual on the computer. DO YOU HAVE THE WHOLE MANUAL ON THE COMPUTER?

#10 ·
man if honda mechanic was a smart fellar he would charge ppl and make some side cash

#12 ·
The files I sent were the hydrostatic section & a 24 page PDF file on the operating principles of the hydrostatic transmission .. And I will send them to anyone ..
My PDF shop manuals (and I have just about everyone from 1986 TRX70 thru 2007 TRX680FGA) are all supplied to me by Honda and I get them in sections (which are about 20-26 sections per model)

If anyone wants the 24 page PDF file on the operating principles of the hydrostatic transmission just post address .. It includes the error codes , how to initialize , retrieve codes , erase codes ..

#14 ·
FEmery6155@aol.com

I will take them for an 05 Rubicon & Rancher AT.......Thanks for your help.

#18 ·
I have been looking for a 2006 rubicon shop manual If you have one. I am at whenhamj@hotmail.com

#21 ·
#22 ·
lol... i know but it was the only thing I can find with anything remotely close to what i needed, I got it fixed though and just incase there is someone out there like us reading an old post it was the angle sensor, when it is installed it has to be put in opposite of where the screws are so when it is turned the correct way it gets resistance and that solved our problem.

Thank you very much though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.