Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this site but have been riding ATV's for almost 30 years. I do most of my own repaires but this 2004 Rubicon has me stuck. The dash had both the neutral light and reverse light staying on all the time, I replaced the gear position sensor and the problem went away, now code 11 is flashing, found 30 amp fuse for shifter motor was blown, removed shifter motor, very bad shape, replaced shifter motor and fuse, reitionalized ECM, no problems, rode unit about 5 km, code 11 retured, fuse is fine, followed trouble shooting for code 11 as listed in manual, can clear code but code returns as soon as key is turned back on, I have replaced 4 out of 5 wires to the ECM, (both wires from ECM to shifter motor, and the shifter motor connection, the ground wire is now straight to battery ground and the power wire to fuse box) only the black/white wire to ignition has been left alone since the motor starts and idles fine, Still code 11 as soon as key switch is turned on, replaced ECM and cleared codes, still code 11 returns as soon as key is turned on, even tried new angle sensor, same story, checked idler gear for shifter motor, it is free spinning. What else could it be? Anyone have a similar problem as this. Please help me. I guess there was a reason this unit was so cheap. I should have known better but...:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Sounds like you need toodeep for this problem.. if he dont see the post shoot him a p.m.
he knows the rubicon the best.. good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the voltage at the angle sensor and moved the idler gear for the swashplate, all is good,, on a whim, I tested the new shifter motor, it wont spin on a battery in either direction (only touched terminals to battery, did not hold them there), dissasembled shifter motor and found it to be badly burnt. Now that explains code 11 but what caused the new shifter motor to burn out so quickly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a 2011 Rubicon 500 that I got code 11 I put new shift motor new angle sensor and still get code 11 any help and how u reset the ecm on a 2011

1 - 5 of 5 Posts