Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ITS AND 04 RUBICON I KEEP GETTING THE 11 CODE AND ONE 5 CODE SO I WANT TO HONDA, AND THEY SAID ITS THE ANGLE SENSOR BUT THAT DID NOT FIX IT SO I FOUND THIS SITE AND STARTED TO READ. SO I CLEANED ALL THE ELEC. CONNECTOR AND FILL THEM WITH DIELECTRIC GREASE, I ALSO CHECKED THE SHIFTER MOTOR IT WAS CLEAN AND GOOD. I ALSO ERASE THE CODE AND IT WILL RUN FINE FOR A FEW STARTS AND THEN ITS BACK I SAFE MODE. ALSO I HAVE DONE THE INITAL SETTING PROCEDURE AND THE N COMES UP MOST OF THE TIME. I THINK IT MAY BE THE ECM BUT IM NOT SURE AND I DO NOT WANT TO JUST THROW PARTS AT THE BIKE. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT THANKS JUSTIN

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Code #5 is angle sensor "motor lock"
Code #11 is ECM "motor driver circuit"

Either the ECM is bad or the shift control motor is bad ..

Did you take the shift control motor apart and check the brushes and clean the commutator bars .. It is a LOT easier to re-assemble the shift control motor if you have someone to help you , it's kind of a 2 person job holding the brushes and putting in the armature ..

Even cleaning the shift control motor and testing it doesn't mean it isn't bad .. We had a TRX350FE in the shop about a month ago that wouldn't shift everytime .. We cleaned & tested the shift motor it checked good with ohm meter (thru the brushes) and tested good with the 12v test .. But the bike wouldn't shift right until a new shift motor was installed ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
code 11

yea i took the shifter motor out and it was clean there was just a little dirt on the commutator bars (i cleaned off) and every thing was good the brushes look like new the bike only has 600 mile on it. Also when you do the self test on it you hear it running and when you put the bike in esp you can shift it through all five gears( and hear it move). thanks alot Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.