Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I got my fourwheeler out today and tried to figure out whats makin the poppin noise......It sounds like it is right in front of the motor maybe where the clutch pack is??? Where is the transmission on these?? But any way if you are in first gear and shift up to second you get a loud snap noise (like something breaking) and the it inguages into gear! Anyone had similar problems?? Or possibly know what that could be??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have an 06 s and when I was out playing around this weekend I went from first to second pretty quick and it was grinding pretty bad so I thought maybe I didn't put it all the way into gear and the atv stop and grinded again. I checked it out and it didn't do it again the rest of the day.

G

·
No need to check all that stuff, mine is doing the same thing its the inside teeth on 1st gear that are causing the popping. My friend is a mechanic at the honda shop and he has worked on 8 foreman's with the same popping pulling of in 1st coming from the front of the motor. He showed me what was happening and how they were machined wrong. My bike is a 07 with only 400 miles and it pops really bad and im out of warranty. Good luck with it....

·
Registered
90 Posts
i had the same thing happen and honda told me it was normal wear and tear but now its just tear because its broke and luckaly i bought the warrenty beacause its 1200 to fix thru the dealer its the first gear thats breaking its happening to alot of 06s it seems like

·
Registered
305 Posts
BigLou when yours finally broke could you use the other gears still? I am just wondering when mine finally beaks if I will be able to drive it back or get towed. The first time mine started making the loud pop in first was when I put the outlaws on and got in some deep thick mud.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took mine to honda today...and they said that it was prolly the clutches so we will see!

·
Registered
670 Posts
is there any way to tell if it is the clutch or the gear that is popping?

i have a similar issue with mine. but i have to change a cv first to make sure it's not that...

the popping that i am getting is always when i start out in first...

if i start in second i don't hear anything...

·
Registered
936 Posts
crash is it popping when u make sharp turns if so ur outboard joint is shoot in ur cv. cuz mine was doing samething and they said thats wat it was..

·
Registered
670 Posts
nope

no it is just making noise when i start out in first, or when i am climbing out of a hole and the front bounces a little

·
Registered
936 Posts
k crash i just thought i whould past that along cuz thats wat i found out.. hope u get it fixed. im just goin to run mine tell shes goes again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
first gear reduction from Turner

anyone try or heard of the first gear reduction from Turner Cycles out of Texas.
I have that poping noise just in first gear. every revolution it make a pop!
and every other gear is fine.
I think the dogs/lugs are gone on first gear and it needs to be replaced with somthing stronger. Turner looks like they have what people with a first gear problem are looking for.

<a href="http://www.turnercycles.com/" target="_blank">http://www.turnercycles.com/</a>

What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I broke the dogs on 1st gear for the second time now. I do all my own work and can tell you that the gear dogs on my bikes 2nd gear are still pristine. The shifter forks could also be bent. If they are bent they wont engage the shifter dogs into the gear all the way. I was able to ride home in second gear. I ruined the 1st gear dogs by having big tires on the front and running it in peanut butter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.