Honda Foreman Forums banner

Clutch Kit

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BGRDForeman 
#1 ·
what is a clutch kit and what does it do? i have a manual foreman (not ES), could i use a clutch kit on mine?

#2 ·
The clutch kit is a stall, it delays the centrif. clutch around 500 rpm's before it engauges to makes it start pulling. This is designed for running big mud tires. The kit consist of stiffer springs. By stalling it, it allows the rpms to go higher and help get the bigger meats turning in the mud.

Look in the how-to section, there is a write up and it will tell you what is involved and how to install it.

#3 ·
Dirty4man is exactly right. I do not have a clutch kit, but I have noticed alot of guys with the manual shifts (like me), have said once they installed it, they did not notice a difference. I am pretty sure BOSS500 said that so you might ask around.

#4 ·
your right, depending on the tire you are running you are not goin to notice a difference. dirty4man hit the nail on the head as for what the clutch kit does for you. However, to notice a big difference with one, you can't be running close to stock tires. I.e 26, 27 mudlites. Now if you were running like say 29.5's without one, then put one in yeah you would notice a **** of a difference.

#5 ·
ok cool, thanks for the info. i looked on the how to forum and it looks like its would be a little bit of a task to install one myself. i have 27" Outlaw MSTs and plan on getting a 2inch lift, would you guys also say that i should get a clutch kit or no?

#6 ·
Get the clutch kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.