Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
What are the benfits of a clutch kit, and how much of a pain are they to install. Also what type do u recommend?

·
Registered
317 Posts
it will help et bigger tires spinning after that its same as stock and they are easy to instal i have an EPI it was about $50

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
the benfits are that it makes it so that that motor has to rev little higher before it can send the power to the wheels making it easier to turn tires in mud. the EPI is only one i know of. form the looks of the write up in the how to section it looks like it could be a bit of a pain to do.

·
Registered
317 Posts
its a whole lot easier if you use a small pair of nedel nose vicegrips wiht those the only issue i had was the e clips

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
like everyone else said it just delays the clutch so you can trun bigger tires, the amount it delays it is 500 RPM's so its not too much so that you can still do normal trail riding without it jumping all over the place. the install is not a bad job at all, i just put mine on the back rack and work down insted of having to lay on the ground. i got mine off highlifter, they sell the EPI ones and they are a good brand.
-Aaron

G

·
clutch kits

QUOTE ("MAD MUDDER":3s71kgd1)
like everyone else said it just delays the clutch so you can trun bigger tires, the amount it delays it is 500 RPM's so its not too much so that you can still do normal trail riding without it jumping all over the place. the install is not a bad job at all, i just put mine on the back rack and work down insted of having to lay on the ground. i got mine off highlifter, they sell the EPI ones and they are a good brand.
-Aaron
after i put my clutch kit in it will not engage can someone tell me what i did wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.