Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I upgrade to the EPI clutch kit, do I have to install a new gasket or is the old reuseable? I figure if I can save $20, I will!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i would get a new one just to be safe, when i did mine i just put silicone around it and nothing ever leaked.
-Aaron

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aaron! I started thinking that $20 was cheap "insurance" for not having any leaks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yea a new one will be needed because when i pulled my cover off the old gasket tore on one corner. and like you said good insurance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
EPI Clutch kit comes with some yama gasket thingy silicone doesn't it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine was like 70 bux canadian from highlifter I think. Works pretty slick too. Highly recomend it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I am correct, the one's for $40 don't include the gasket. Does the one from highlifter come with an OEM gasket or is ti a cheap one?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
the gaskets that used to come with the clutch kits used to leak, im not sure if they fixed that or not though. i got my clutch kit without a gasket.
-Aaron

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE ("lifted yota":3snwx7n8)
about how much does a epi clutch kit cost i can get one for 40 bucks new just wanting to know what you guys are paying
where did u get yours at?

·
Registered
148 Posts
You guys ever by the gasket material from like auto zone and just use the old one as a template. Friend of mine does this and swears by it. As long as you have a sharp knife and a good cutting surface, you will never run out of gaskets. This does come in handy when your working late on the bike and all the parts warehouses are closed.

Just a thought

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed an EPI clutch kit I purchased from Highlifter, it came with a gasket, hope it dosen't leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.