Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i had a quick question about highlifters clutch kit.
the one for the 500 Foreman is $69.95
and the one for the 500 Rubicon is $ 54.95
isn't it the same kit?
and if it is the same can the one for the Rubicon fit in the 05 Foreman
Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I DONT THINK THE KIT FROM EPI INCLUDES THE GASKET, YOU WILL HAVE TO GET FROM HONDA IF YOU BUY FROM THEM, OR SO I WAS TOLD. THE HL KIT HAS THE GASKET WITH IT, BUT I WOULD CHECK PRICE TO SEE WHICH IS CHEAPER.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so are the HL kits made by EPI or are they different?
and if there different which one is better?
and do you think i would really notice if i got a cluch kit, i see some people on here didn't really notice.
sorry for all the questions
Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
There both the same there made by EPI, I forgot the HL one came with a gasket so they probably end up being about the same price in the end. I just got my kit put in a few weeks ago and i love it. I definately notice it, its not nescessary but i think it makes the bike feel quicker and i think it will be a big help in the mud, but ill have to wait till spring for that. I would reccomend it to anyone with any type of oversized tire there really is no disadvantage to it.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The HL kit is made by EPI. All HL does is add a cometic (sp) gasket.

The only difference you will see is from a stop. It functions the same as a stall conveter in a car/truck. Delays engagement of the clutch until it has reached a particular RPM. In this case it raises the engagement RPM by about 500RPM. Allowing the bike to be in a better powerband before the clutch engages and the tires start to spin. But once the clutch has engaged, there is no difference.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet thanks for all the help and info,
im gunna order mine tomarrow. the instructions trugrit posted make it seem easy to install, so i will give it a try. i also have to get my clutch plate done by the dealer. do you think i should wait to installthe kit untill then?
thanks again for all your help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just wait till you get the recall done thats what I did and they only charged me like 20 bucks, i could of done it myself but for that price you really cant go wrong, plus you dont have to buy the gasket since its included with the recall.

·
Registered
67 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU RECIEVE 6 SPRINGS WITH YOUR KIT...MINE CAME WITH 5 SO THEY HAD TO OVERNIGHT ONE...JUST A REMINDER

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.