Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any pics and how to's on cliping your carb spring?

·
Registered
670 Posts
yeah bro, someone took some pics and posted them but i couldn't find them anywhere...

i want to do it too but i have to clean my carb out again...pain in the ass b/c my snorkel is in the way...

·
Registered
128 Posts
try doing a search for it in the posts, there have been many a posts about that with pictures, you gotta cut 13 coils of the spring off or something. im sure it can be found somewhere

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("jgb_500_06":3jx8vksp)
What will be the benifits of having this mod???
That is also what I am wondering. What would be the difference in cutting the spring what does it really do?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did it and got extra throttle response. I would recomend this to everyone!!! Once I was done, I went over to my buddies and did it to his. It gave me enough torque to pull the front end off 2 feet with 27" tires...... DO IT!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah what all is this gunna mess up in the long run??? Also anyone have more detailed pics then the ones posted!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I believe it lets the needle move more freely. Not sure on the long term effects, but made one heck of a differance... in my opinion

·
Registered
160 Posts
Waste of time for me. No change after cutting then before cutting. Didn't hurt anthing, but was useless to take carb apart to do such a thing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
it shouldnt hurt anything, like said above it just lets the needle move a little easier, not as much force pushing down on it. i never did this mod on my honda but i proubly would have if i still had it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
317 Posts
dosnt hurt anything just gives quicker throttel responce because the slide can move up faster if you want even more try drilling your slide i did it and it give a good increese in responce if you have a dyno jet kit dont do this im pritty sure the dj kits use a softer spring then the stock one

·
Registered
560 Posts
Didn't notice much difference when I cut mine. No pictures of the procedure for cutting but you can see the cut spring in the pic I took when I cleaned the carb. It was originally twice that length.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i just put a dynojet kit and the spring is shorter and doesn't have near the pressure on it when compressed. bout the same effect

·
Registered
670 Posts
exactly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.