Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pull out the knob it won't stay out. Makes for a hands-on approach to warming the beastie up. Any ideas on adjusting this or others with this issue? Should be simple but I haven't started taking anything apart on this rig yet.

Thanks, ChuckD

G

·
I had the same problem with mine when I first bought it. The fix ended up being tightening the ring at the base of the choke where it is attached to the bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
QUOTE ("chuck":1x3docs8)
Thanks for the replies. I think you're saying this is at the base of the choke knob near the handlebars right?

I'll check it out. ChuckD
YEs, that's correct.Slide the rubber boot upward and you'll see a nut,just tighten it up by hand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine Too. It is a pain in the butt, Atleast you never forget it on though

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. This was an easy adjustment... Remove the coil spring thing from the rubber boot by rolling it up and out of the way. Then peel up the rubber boot. I only turned the adjusting nut 1/10th of a turn or so. Works perfect now.

ChuckD

·
Registered
2004 Foreman 450 4x4
21 Posts
My '05 has been doing this since I bought it 7 years ago. Meant to fix it but never did. Finally googled it and this thread showed up. Such an easy fix!! Thanks!!!
Just make sure to not over tighten it. Spent 100 dollars on a OEM choke cable assembly and the little plastic nut snapped in half under hardly no pressure. Little bit of superglue did the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.