Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find this in the owner's manual of my 06 Foreman ES, can you (or should you) shift from 2 wd to 4 wd while moving or do you need to stop to avoid damage? If you can do it while moving, how fast can you be moving when you go to 4 wd? Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
you can switch it while moving. i think you have to be going less than 5mph for it to in gauge.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Just make sure your front wheels are straight ahead and be sure you're not spinning the tires.

·
Registered
471 Posts
you can at about any speed. i know the rpm's have to be low, so spinning tires and it engaging isn't much of a possibility. if it doesn't engage immediately you can leave it in 4x4 and it will engage when the conditions are right.

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah you can switch anytime you want but i believe it won't engage untill 6 mph

·
Registered
305 Posts
I switch mine whenever I want to. I know on mine it will engage/disengage at any speed as long as all of the wheels are going the same speed. The fastest I've done it is probably about 40mph but i have to let off for a second before it will engage/disengage.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You have to let up on the gas to switch it unless you reach over with your left had and do it!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.