Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you haul your chainsaws? I really dont want to pay alot for one of thoes chainsaw clamps. Do you all have any other ideas.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bunjee cord the case to my front rack. Works well and cheap!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bunjee cord the case to my front rack. Works well and cheap!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I know most of the newer saws come with cases. But if you dont have one you can make a mount out of wood and ubolt it to your rack or maybe a piece of pvc pipe big enough to fit the bar and hose clamp it to the rear rack, then use bungee cords to hold it inplace..

·
Registered
560 Posts
I use a foam pad on the front rack and some heavy duty bungee cords. If the case is not available I sometimes just cover the chain with cardboard and duct tape as an added precaution.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I made a wooden box that the chainsaw fits into tightly.Then I use J-hooks and turnbuckles to hold the box to the rack.Only takes a few seconds to install or remove the box.There's also room inside the box for chain,clevis's etc. I use two of those tool holder things to hold an axe to the outside of the box.

·
Registered
196 Posts
that looks neat!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I thought about one of those but I didn't want my chainsaw exposed to the weather and going through mudholes I thought the chainsaw might get covered in mud.I don't like the way the bar hangs down.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the montana jacks set up mounts sideways insted of up and down only thing is that you gotta buy their recever set up to use it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.