Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wanting to know if anyone is running these tires on there machine or knows anyone who has them on theirs. Was thinking about getting a set of the Badland XTR's for my 05 Foreman 500 and was just wanting some feedback on them. If you are using them or know someone who is, what
size are they using and how well do they handle and perform.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
are those the 14's ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has the stock 25x10x12 on rear and stock 25x8x12 on front, looking to replace those with the Badland XTR's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have any friends or any info on these tires, heard a few people say that they are mainly for IRS atv's, it that true? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture of them, heard too that some companies are putting them on there atv's as stock tires right out of the factory.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'v had them on both my Cats, great tire. Handle really, really well and were very puncture resistant. Not a good mud tire, tread gets clogged very easily. If your doing a lot of trail riding, climbing and light mudding they will work out great for you.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was your arctic cats IRS? So they did not clean out very good in mud? I ride 80% trails and some climbing and 20% deep mud when I go to Haspin Acres. They look like they would clean out pretty good if you get them spun up some.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yeah my Cat's are IRS. No they didn't clean out well but climbing rocks, logs etc. they worked very well. Hard pack dirt climbing and/or riding they were excellent. Looking for a mud tire don't buy them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your info Eric, I am kind of looking for a good all purpose tire, I will be doing 80% trails,hills, and some mud, about 20% deep mud every once in awhile. So if anyone has any idea's of a good all-purpose tire let me know. I am leaning toward Mudlites, Sur-traks, Bear claws, Black widows, and Dirt devils and maybe even Duro Buffalos.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
what about HL MST's; don't know anything about them but maybe something to consider. I think Swampwitches are just about the same tire and they might be cheaper.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i now have these tires on my foreman. the 27x12 mudzillas on all 4 dominated but im out of the mudding business for now. these tires rock and my foreman is actually fun to ride now

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you had your Badlands in any mud yet while on your Foreman, and how did they do? To me they look like they would clean out pretty good but a couple of guys said they loud up pretty bad in thick mud.

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE ("Bexxter":zoye9pqk)
Have you had your Badlands in any mud yet while on your Foreman, and how did they do? To me they look like they would clean out pretty good but a couple of guys said they loud up pretty bad in thick mud.
nothing too serious just some watery mud, i just put it in 2nd gear 3wd and set her on the redline and she pulled on through, now i must say i cant even attempt going into places in 4wd that i could crawl through in 2wd with the zillas. but they are awesome trail tires. combined with the perfex long travel kit, you'll have the smoothest riding honda sra out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts