Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what size vent lines do i need to reroute them to the Pod light. And is it nessacery to run the fan vent line to the pod. I have everything Snorked exhaust and air box. Im still dyen in the water, Im getn water in the carb. So im guessn its the vent lines.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Could also be the carb drain line if you don't have that plugged.

·
Registered
187 Posts
use some T's to save hose and space, both carb lines= 1, rear diff. and brake= 1, fan and front diff.= 1.

and the sizes are
1/8" tubing and barb connectors for the diffs and the rear brake and 3/16" tubing and barb connectors for the fan
the hose off the fan is a pinkish clear the rest are black

you can get all this from lowes, or home depot, it will cost more at an auto parts store

o and i use a golf tee to plug my carb drain and i extended the hose for easy access and keep some extras on board.

and i forgot to mention on the carb drain there is a little black check valve pull it off and throw it away. they are cheaply made the gasoline eats the seal the first time it hits it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i rerouted everything, snorked the intake...and still i die in the water...

didn't die out in water until i rerouted vent lines...

whats up with that??!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 of the hoses might be disconnected or loose

·
Registered
394 Posts
when i bought my bike the guy said he routed everything into the airbox and that goes out into the snorkel...the carb line is in my airbox too, not sure how he got it in there, but it is in there and its seals up really good...ive yet to get the bike deep enough to see if it all works, only problem that i have is when im running fast and stop all of a sudden my bike dies out....not sure why but it coughes then dies on me...any enlightenment on that problem would help

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
QUOTE ("C1iffburton":hlcbkj80)
only problem that i have is when im running fast and stop all of a sudden my bike dies out....not sure why but it coughes then dies on me...any enlightenment on that problem would help
dissconect the carb vent line from you air box and run it up front either in the pod or on the snorkel. Some bikes will run perfect with the carb vent hooked to the snorkel/airbox and some want.

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah take the carb vent out of the airbox it wil affect the vacume on your carb run the carb vents up to your pod

·
Registered
394 Posts
figured out its not the carb vent thats in there, everything is routed to the pod already, its the crankcase line or breather that is wrapped up and put in my airbox, the end of the hose has a like 1" tall x 3" long x 1" deep piece on the end with a piece of foam in it...where is that on yalls bikes?

·
Registered
394 Posts
okay ima just leave it in there then, it might cough cuz of the snorkel, all my friends have a u pointing down on the top of there snorkel...anyone have an opinion on a 90 pointing straight back or a 180 pointing down at the tip of the snorkel...i am thinking about getting a 180 or U pipe and putting it on to see if it does it then also

·
Registered
317 Posts
i personally like the 90 i think it looks better and wiiht the filters claped on the end in my set up it wouldnt work to have the 180

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.