I have done it on my 07 rubi...works fine...I cut 13
Here is what I found on another site
More thorttle response!!!
1. Remove your seat. (if you need help with this you shouldn't be performing this mod)
2. Remove the top of the carb. (4 phillips screws)
3. Remove the giant spring.
4. Clip off 10-13 coils (including the 3 bunched at the bottom)
5. Reinstall the long spring with the cut end up. Take care to verify the spring seats correctly in the rubber diaphragm and on the top cover.(the cut end down with rip the diaphragm)
6. Reinstall top cover. (tighten the screws and ensure everything seats properly.
7. Reinstall you seat.
8. Start and ride. I noticed a huge difference in my bottom end when i did mine.
Keep in mind this does not increase horsepower just throttle response!!!
#13 is what you want to clip. Good news is that the spring is only 4 bucks if you don't like it
Honda Foreman Forums: Discuss the latest Honda Foreman in our free Honda Foreman forums. Also talk about Honda's other ATV and UTV's including the Honda Rubicon, Honda Rincon, Honda Rancher and Honda Recon