Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
on my 450 i cut off 10 i know some people do up to 13 but thats the max i would go

·
Registered
317 Posts
yep the spring being shorter acts like asofter spring letting the slide come up faster increasing throtel responce

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have done it on my 07 rubi...works fine...I cut 13

Here is what I found on another site

More thorttle response!!!

1. Remove your seat. (if you need help with this you shouldn't be performing this mod)
2. Remove the top of the carb. (4 phillips screws)
3. Remove the giant spring.
4. Clip off 10-13 coils (including the 3 bunched at the bottom)
5. Reinstall the long spring with the cut end up. Take care to verify the spring seats correctly in the rubber diaphragm and on the top cover.(the cut end down with rip the diaphragm)
6. Reinstall top cover. (tighten the screws and ensure everything seats properly.
7. Reinstall you seat.
8. Start and ride. I noticed a huge difference in my bottom end when i did mine.
Keep in mind this does not increase horsepower just throttle response!!!

#13 is what you want to clip. Good news is that the spring is only 4 bucks if you don't like it

Did increase some response on mine....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Will this work with an 04 Rubicon.?

And also, i thought Dynojet claims that they will increase horsepower with their jet kits, not just throttle response.

·
Registered
414 Posts
how many coils on stock spring? my dyno jet spring has 12 coils on it. i havent cut anything

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't cut your Dynojet spring.
The Dynojet spring has a different compression rate than the stock spring and doesn't need to be cut.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi just cut my spring a couple days ago and when riding it did make a difference in throd response but seems like it burned more gas or i was having to much fun one of the 2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.