Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was looking on the rincon forums and i saw that people have been clipping their carb spring in half for beter performance...can we do that with our FORMAN 500's? anyone have any idea...cuz it would be a good mod..from wut i hear...thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well I replied to your other post but anyway what spring are you talking about clipping and where did you read about this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im tlkin about when u unscrew the 4 screws and u take the carb head off and u see a big ass spring...lol...that one..

·
Registered
516 Posts
I dont know, I was just reading about it on HL and one guy says it only works on the rincons but it might be worth picking up another spring and giving it a try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holy crap...it is louder and it moves man...wow..i also took out the resignator bottle for the intake and covered it wit a homemade cover...and my 06 moves...

·
Registered
516 Posts
You already did this? What bottle are you talking about

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh, I guess the 450 doesnt have this bottle. So is it worth clipping.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
yeah the 450 doesnt have that. what did you plug the hole with?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well I couldnt stand it anymore so I decided to be the ginny and went and cut my spring but it did it 1/4 inch longer than half and yes it does make a difference in throttle response. Very good and easy little mod.

·
Registered
385 Posts
would that work on a 300 4x4? its a 1995

·
Registered
743 Posts
I always heard that it didn't work on anything but the rincon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
that is what I thought....also i was thinking maybe instead of buying a clutch kit could you just put different springs in the clutch? if so that would save us a lot of money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the dealership by where i live told a guy to cut thirteen coils out of his and it would give it more trottle response,by thirteen coils you count the top four then nine more that is where you cut it at. this is like a homemade jet kit

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
QUOTE ("John":21p1hene)
that is what I thought....also i was thinking maybe instead of buying a clutch kit could you just put different springs in the clutch? if so that would save us a lot of money.
Thats all you get with a clutch kit is some springs. Someones making some money on that deal.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I think i will try that. I hope it works. So, cut it directly in half & put it
back in? What type of gains does this do exactly? I have had a heck
of a time finding the right size jet, & i just rejetted them last week with
the right one. I don't want to mess anything up. Should i do it? I am just
itchin' to.

·
Registered
516 Posts
All this does Carl is let the needle move up faster. By cutting the spring its taking the tension off the needle.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
it is not going to change your air fuel ratio

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.