Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,
My 09 foreman carb drains fuel constantly from the bottom hose. It runs down behind the right rear fender. I know it’s a carburetor issue but what do I need to do to stop it. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 f350 7.3, 8inch lift, 37x13.50's, 06 TRX 500FE, 16 TRX 500FE
32 Posts
Sometimes a good cleaning is all it takes, a little grit in there keeps the needle open enough to cause flooding.
I agree. There's only two things, usually, that will cause your problem. A stuck float and or needle valve, or a tank vent that is stopped up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran into a similar problem with gas pouring into my air box on a 2003 Rubicon 500. This was AFTER rebuilding the carb. My first thought was the float needle was faulty and sticking, but after (2) times of disassembly and determining that was not the problem, I figured it out! I installed the carb drain line backwards causing I guess a vacuum or venting issue. Air can only travel one way through the in line valve which I'm guessing to keep water from entering the carb while driving through creeks etc..? Anyways, flipped it around and no more gas leaking issues. Purrrs like it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts