Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
If it's the drain hose it just hangs. It's there so if your carb float sticks open the gas runs out onto the ground instead of running into your crankcase and filling your engine with gas.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
carb drain running....How do you fix it? do you replace the float?

Need to clean your carb and make sure there's not trash keeping the needle from sealing, but the 350 Ranchers are HORRIBLE about leaky carbs.

Try polishing the seat with some polishing compound on a qtip (I chuck mine in my drill and run on low speed). You might need a new float needle too.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Might be able to do it without removing the carb.

I've unhooked the choke and throttle cable, loosened the hose clamps, and spun a carb upside down before to work on it (got tired of taking everything apart over and over again on a troublesome carb). That was on a 500 though. Not sure if there's room to spin it on a 350.

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
On the 350 it's easiest to get the air box out of the way (2 hose clamps, breather hose and a nut on the bottom. Even then there isn't a lot of room to mess with things since the cables are tight.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sometimes the long brass tube that feeds the overflow will crack. Then it flows all the time with normal fuel level in the bowl. People will over-tighten the drain screw trying to stop the flow, and that just bends the the tip of the screw., then it won't close.

·
Registered
146 Posts
First make sure the drain screw on the bottom is tight, forgot to tighten mine once and fuel leaked. Second I kept getting fuel leaking out the overflow hose and did what was mentioned above. Happened 2-3 times and ran some fuel into a white coffee filter, was getting a few small pieces of sediment. So even after cleaning the carb a little sediment would get in there and keep the needle from closing. I need to take the tank off and clean well but will wait until next warmer weather so I put an inline fuel filter on. Been a couple weeks and so far not a drop when shutting off....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts